Contest Rules and Regulations for General On Air and Online Contests
These contest rules and regulations are applicable to contests brought to you by MBS Radio which are administered live on-air or online on its radio stations across The Maritimes unless there are specific contest rules for a particular contest. Please note that certain contests promoted on MBS stations may be brought to you in conjunction with another sponsor other than MBS Radio.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: MBS Radio runs many live on-air Contests throughout the year on its radio stations across Canada. For these Contests, the contest Period, duration and timing will be identified by the on-air host and on the station website at the time of the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: A Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada, within the listening range of a radio station who are at least nineteen (19) years of age or older as of the first day of the Contest Period unless otherwise noted by the on air host. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to individuals associated with the Contest, including the employees, agents or representatives of MBS Radio (including its respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising or promotional agencies) and suppliers providing prizes or other materials or services in connection with this Contest (collectively, the “Excluded Individuals”). This Contest is also not open to the immediate family members of the Excluded Individuals, and all other persons with whom the Excluded Individuals reside, and previous prize winners (including anyone from winner’s household) who have won a prize valued at $500 or greater in the preceding thirty (30) day period prior to the commencement of another Contest on the same radio station.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter for a chance to win a Contest, follow the instructions given by the on-air host to find out how to enter and win a prize while listening to one of MBS Radio stations. You will be required to call in to the MBS radio station or follow other instructions as mentioned on air by the radio station that is running that particular contest at the time. There are many types of Contests and ways to enter which include one of the following: a) listening and identifying a song; b) calling in a radio station to identify your name followed by a random draw to select a winner; c) calling in to win at the time specified by the on-air host or as the 9th or 10th caller or as specified by the on-air host; d) trivia questions; e) submitting an online entry to the station’s website as indicated by the on-air announcer In order to be declared a winner by the Contest judges, a potential winner must: (i) be in compliance with these Contest rules; (ii) complete, sign and return a MBS Radio form declaration and release prepared by MBS Radio before being declared a winner and before a prize will be released. If a potential or declared winner is not in compliance with these Contest rules, the Contest judges reserve the right to disqualify such entrant from the Contest and select an alternative winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of other eligible entries received for a particular Contest and any criteria mentioned by the on-air host or by a MBS Radio employee.
4. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: No purchase is required to enter a MBS Radio station Contest.
5. PRIZES: There are various prizes available to be won, which will be identified by the on-air host at the time of the Contest. The radio station reserves the right to limit the winning of prizes to once every 30 days per household. The radio station limits the winning of major prizes to once every 12 months per household. The approximate retail value of a prize can vary and is available upon request at the time of the particular contest. If you are a declared winner, you must pick up your prize at the radio station that administered the Contest within 30 days unless a separate prize-awarding event is announced for a particular contest. Potential winners will be required to furnish proof of identification such as a driver’s license or social security numbers. Prizes that have not been picked up with 30 days of winning are forfeited. There are no prize substitutions. Prizes are non-transferable and are not negotiable. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash. Some prizes have restrictions or expiry dates. All decisions made by MBS Radio are final.
6. PUBLICITY: By entering a Contest, you consent to MBS Radio’s use of your name, city of residence, photograph, voice, statement and image for any publicity purposes.
7. DECISIONS ARE FINAL: In the event of a conflict between the rules and any instructions or interpretation of these rules regarding a Contest, these rules shall prevail.
8. CHEATING WILL AMOUNT TO AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION: Any attempt to tamper with the entry process, interfere with these Contest rules, deliberately damage any website or undermine the administration, security or legitimate operation of the Contest, is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and MBS Radio reserves the right to seek damages and/or other relief from all persons responsible for such acts to the fullest extent permitted by law, which may include banning or disqualifying entrants from this and future MBS Radio Contests.
9. TECHNOLOGY MISHAPS: MBS Radio assumes no responsibility for: entries lost, stolen, late, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, or for the failure, interruption or delay of any email or other communication to be received, for any reason; problems with the function of any website or website feature howsoever caused; the malfunction of, or damage caused to, any telephone network or lines, computer equipment, data or software, online systems, servers or access providers; any functionality lost due to not having cookies enabled; traffic congestion on the Internet or on phone lines; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks; or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers.”
10. CONTEST PERIOD: MBS Radio reserves the right, at its sole discretion and without prior notice, to amend, cancel, close, suspend or reinstate a Contest at any time and for any reason whatsoever. MBS Radio reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or substitute any component of a prize for its cash value or a prize of approximately the same retail value. Prizes are non-transferable, must be accepted as awarded by MBS Radio and cannot be exchanged by a declared winner for cash or other substitutes.
11. AGREEMENT OF CONTEST TERMS: By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest rules, which are subject to change without notice to Contest entrants individually, and each entrant releases MBS Radio, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents and advertising and promotional agencies, from any damage, loss or liability suffered as a result of or arising from the entrant’s participation in a Contest or the use of any prize.
12. EVENT CANCELLATION: In the event of a third party event cancellation (i.e. Concerts, Trade Shows, etc.) in which MBS Radio is a sponsor, MBS Radio will not assume responsibility for reimbursement of tickets.
13. LEGALITY: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest and these Contest rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Nova Scotia. Any dispute shall be adjudicated in the courts sitting in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
14. PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information collected from entrants will be used by MBS Radio only for the purpose of administering the contest. By entering a contest, entrant consents to the manner of collection, use and the disclosure of personal information.