HOW TO BEAT THE ‘AFTERNOON SLUMP’ AT WORK
Because we’ve all been there…
- Drink some water: Dehydration makes us tired, and when at work, we often forget to hydrate while sitting or staring at screens all day. (Yet, oddly, when I’m at work, I always FEEL like drinking…)
- Turn up the lights or get outside: Research says that more intense light can improve feelings of alertness and vitality. Outdoor light is even more effective.
- Take a power nap: Try taking a little time to rest so you can finish your day strong. But don’t make it longer than an hour, because it’ll cause problems sleeping at night.
- Talk with someone: Schedule conversations that can perk you up in the afternoon, and save solo focused work for the morning.
- Have a fun, motivating snack: Brain foods like broccoli, grains, lentils and eggs can help boost concentration when you need it most.
- Make time for a nourishing activity: It could be listening to music, stretching, a small walk or short meditation. Find something that refreshes you.