DOs AND DON’Ts FOR MAKING PANCAKES
Today is Pancake Tuesday!
Here are some pancake tips
• A new/ clean non-stick pan will always give the best pancake results. A dirty pan or a pan with scratches will cause less than perfect results.
• Give your pan a quick wipe and oil/refresh between each pancake. This will stop any burning and keep each pancake looking perfect.
• Check the underside of your pancake — just lift up one edge and look under. Flipping excessively will inevitably make the bake uneven.
• If you’re feeding a big family, then have two pans at staggered intervals — this way you can be cleaning and re-prepping one pan as a separate batch is cooking.
• Heating up your oil or butter in the pan before pouring in your first bit of batter. This will affect the pancakes consistency.
• Don’t over-beat your mix. This will stop your pancakes from being fluffy and instead make them dense.
• Don’t leave the mix sitting too long before making your pancakes.