2021 Name The Puppy Contest!
The RCMP is seeking your help to name puppies that will become Canada’s future police dogs.
The Police Dog Service Training Centre (PDSTC) in Innisfail, Alberta, is asking young Canadians to suggest names for 13 German shepherd puppies that will be born at the Centre in 2021.
Kids are encouraged to be original and imaginative in finding names that will serve these puppies well in their careers with Canada’s national police force.
It’s important to keep in mind that these are working police dogs, not pets when thinking of names.
Winning names will be chosen by the PDSTC staff. A draw will determine the winning entry in the event of multiple submissions of the same puppy name.
Although there can be only 13 winners, names not selected for the contest will be considered for other puppies born during the year.
The 13 children whose names are selected will each receive a laminated 8×10-inch photo of the pup they name, a plush dog named Justice and an RCMP water bottle.
1) Names must begin with the letter “P”
2) Names must have no more than 9 letters
3) Names must be 1 or 2 syllables
4) Contestants must live in Canada
5) Contestants must be 4 to 14 years old
6) Only 1 entry per child will be eligible
7) Entries must be received by March 18, 2021
8) Enter online
Click HERE for all the contest details & to enter!