It’s a frightening time of year when you get your automobile insurance renewal. I don’t get into accidents and I don’t get tickets, but every year my insurance gets more expensive. Is it the same for you? Maybe it’s because of some of the claims that people make. The following are actual claims received by insurance companies:
- I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law and headed over the embankment.
- In an attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole.
- The telephone pole was approaching. I was attempting to swerve out of the way when I struck the front end.
- I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat found that I had a fractured skull.
And there’s more
- I was on the way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way causing me to have an accident.
- I had been driving for forty years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident.
- The accident happened because I had one eye on the truck in front, one eye on the pedestrian, and the other on the car behind.
So let’s all drive safe and try to keep our insurance costs down.
Have a good one.